I’m not really one for cereals or toast, when it comes to breakfast if I’m honest. I’m a porridge, yoghurt and fruit kind of girl. Anyway, I have done some research and found of the health benefits of my all time favourite breakfast and I was quite surprised at the results!
So, here’s the summary of my guilt free, morning indulgence:
- Source of calcium
- And amazing source of protein (much more than I thought)
- Probiotics to help with a healthy gut.
- Great source of vitamin b12
- A great post work out food, because of its high proteins.
- Very rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- They can help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- They can actually help you deal with stress! Who knew!
- They can help reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Very rich in fibre which aids digestion and actual contributes to having a healthy heart!
- It’s a motabolism booster.
- A breast cancer risk reducer again.
- It contains phosphorus which helps teeth and bone health.
- Anti inflametory benefits.
- also high in dietary fibre
- Antioxidant and anti inflametory benefits
- Helps to reduce your blood sugar levels and aids weight loss
- Also has anti cancer benefits
- Rich in vitamin C and vitamin K
- Everyone knows they are packed with antioxidants!
- The iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K in blueberries all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength.
- Helps to ward off heart disease as it helps to lower cholesterol
- Helps with healthy digestion due to all the fibre it contains
- These little miricles can actually improve your mental health too!
- Figs can help you to feel fuller for longer and aid weightloss!
- High in natural sugars for a a healthy sweet treat
- Contains a multitude of vitamins
- Aid tummy health and they too contain probiotics
- Contains loads of potassium to help lower high blood pressure
So! There you have it; a vitamin and mineral packed beauty breakfast that not only tastes sooooooo good but also has so many health benefits from your teeth to your mental health, it’s a yes from me! 😍